1. Mount the Highspeed cat 6 Patch Panel to a standard 19˝
equipment rack or wall-mount bracket, using the provided
2. Determine which color-coded wiring scheme is desired
(T568A or T568B).
NOTE: Color codes and pin numbers are located on the panel
labels between termination (IDC) slots.
3. Remove approximately 3˝ of jacket and center spline
4. Route jacketed wire to the termination field, so
that the jacket is near and above the IDCs.
(Figure 1) Leave sufficient flex room between
cable jacket and termination field.
CAUTION: USE OF THE 110 5-PAIR IMPACT TOOL
TO TERMINATE THE CONDUCTORS IS
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THIS
5. Use your fingers to carefully seat and secure the wires into
the IDC slots. Maintain wire pair twisting to within 1/2˝ of the
IDC contact. Then position a 110-style impact tool, set to low
impact, perpendicular to the IDC slot, seat and trim the cable.
NOTE: If wires appear to be "bridged" over the IDC,
rather than securely seated into the slot, pull
out the wires and reseat them. (Figure 2)
6. Attach a cable management bar to the patch
panel, using the two screws provided. (Figure 3)
If your local code requires this patch panel to be
bonded and/or grounded, use the additional stud.
NOTE: Additional labeling kit sold separately
1. Assign port designations on supplied labels.
2. Slide paper label along window feature, ensuring
the top and bottom edge are behind the guides.
3. Slide clear, plastic window over the paper label,
ensuring the top and bottom edge are behind the
guides. (Figure 5)